- Market trend dip last week but bounced back since 10/21
General concern in the market: increasing interest rate
- Third quarter report is out:
- Boeing shows strong 3rd quarter result: 17% increase in earning
- Yahoo’s earning exceeds expectation but not very impressive compared to other companies.
- Snap chat start to raise more money.
- The world’s largest independent exploration and production (E&P) company.
- Explore for, produce, transport and market crude oil, bitumen, natural gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG) and natural gas liquids on a worldwide basis.
- Have operations and activities in 27 countries.
- Six operating segments defined by geographic region: Alaska, Lower 48 and Latin America, Canada, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East, and Other International.
- No dominating competitors for any segment of business.
- Goal: 3-5 % annual production and margin growth.
- Prices of crude oil, bitumen, natural gas, natural gas liquids and liquefied natural gas.
- Decline in volume of reserves.
- Expenses on compliance with existing and future environmental laws and regulations.
- Change in domestic and worldwide political and economic environment.
- Changes in governmental regulations may impose price controls and limitations on production of crude oil, natural gas, bitumen, and natural gas liquids.
Decline in oil price- strategic focus
- Higher cash margin developments by reducing production cost.
- ConocoPhillps produces oil and gas at comparatively low rate compare to other oil and gas producers.
- 179%annual reserve placement in 2013
- Continue adding deep water discoveries.
- Increased production on reserves.
- Has enough assets to cover liability
- Net tangible assets have been growing since 2012