- Largest wireless service provider in the U.S by retail connections and revenue.
Completed 100% stake acquisition of Vodafone Group Feb 2014
- Two sections: Verizon Wireless& Verizon Wireline
Stock and Financials Overview
- Market Cap207.13B
- P/E 10.78
- 3rd quarter report: increase in revenue
- Added 1.5 million new subscribers to its wireless service, beating analysts’ estimate.
- Missed expected 92 cents per share
- Significant domestic and global competition faced by both the Wireless and Wireline segment.
- Rapid technological development and changing consumer demand
- Verizon’s has a significant amount of debt and it could further increase if Verizon incurs additional debt or does not retire existing debt.
- Increasing demand in mobile data and broadband service
- Strong subscriber addition:
- Wireless segment adds 1/4M postpaid connections
- Wireline: Verizon added 130,000 net new FiOS Internet connections and 100,000 net new FiOS Video connections