- Post-Trump’s victory & stock market
- Interest rate
- Oil price
- Tech news
Market registered healthy gains following Trump’s victory, but lost steam gradually on concerns over Trump’s policies.
- Initial elation over his blueprint for business-friendly policies began fading.
- Investors took profits on their post-election gains.
–Interest Rate: Fed Trump-Yellen punch
- Janet Yellen expects a few rate hikes this year and that the fed funds target rate could get to 3% by 2019
- The economy is near maximum employment, and inflation is moving toward our goal
- It is probably not a good idea to allow the US economy to run hot.
- OPEC and other oil-producing countries have cut oil supply by 1.5 million barrels a day, more than 80 percent of their collective target, since the deal came into effect on Jan.1
- MAYBE the rebalancing of the crude oil market can be attained
- Tesla offers a new version of a vehicle or unleashes a software update
- Musk’s unanticipated connection to President Trump
- Musk has joined Trump’s council of business leaders.
–Announcement: Semester Plan of OIG Team Spring 2017
- General Meetings
- Early job & internship preparation panel and workshop
- Stock pitch competition
- Skype chats with Alum from JP Morgan and BoA
- Portfolio committee and board election