General Meeting 2/22

At today’s meeting we did the following:

Sophia gave a wonderful and concise presentation on Ford, in which she is currently invested, yes with her own REAL money, props to Sophia!

We introduced potential investment opportunities, all stocks of course!
1.) MercadoLibre (international LATIN AMERICA)
hosts an online platform in Latin America, called MercadoLibre and located at www.mercadolibre.com. The Company has e-commerce operations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. In addition, it also operates online trading platforms in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic and Panama.

2.)Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais (BRIC)
is a Brazil-based company involved in the energy sector. It is mainly engaged in the generation, transmission and distribution of electric energy for industrial, residential, commercial and rural consumption.

3.)Kraft Foods Inc.
Is engaged in manufacturing and marketing packaged food products, including snacks, beverages, cheese, convenient meals and various packaged grocery products. During the year ended December 31, 2008, the Company have operations in more than 70 countries and sell the products in approximately 150 countries.

4.)China Education Alliance, Inc. (BRIC)
Is an education service company that provides online education and onsite training in China. The Company’s principal business is the distribution of educational resources through the Internet.

5.)CICI Bank Limited (BRIC)
Anna gave a wonderfully insightful presentation at one of our recent meetings, this has also been her highest grossing stock.

We voted on buying all of these stocks, 10,000 dollars worth, investing 70% in the growth stocks–China Education Alliance, MercadoLibre, and Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais–and the remaining 30% in Kraft and CICI bank limited.

We also voted to sell CREE, making a profit of $ 1000 , which will be reinvested in our new batch of equity!

Come by next week for Club Donations, and help OIG give back to the Bryn Mawr community !

1 thought on “General Meeting 2/22

Comments are closed.