- New home sales surged 18% in August.
- Sales of previously owned house falling. Therefore, investors pull back.
- The Fed on track to begin tightening its monetary policy. Investors expect interest rates to rise sometime next year.
- Apple introduces iPhone 6 and 6 plus. Over the first weekend, 10 million of new Iphones were sold.
- Alibaba, China-based Internet-based e-commerce business, goes public and it is the biggest IPO ever. Investors started buying Yahoo because it was big stakeholder of Alibaba prior the IPO. After IPO, investors dumped Yahoo! However, we will still pay more attention on Yahoo because they are expected to benefit a lot from Alibaba’s IPO as its big stakeholder.
- For more information about Alibaba’s IPO:
- Portfolio structure this year:
-Consumer Goods/ Products/Fashion
Introduction to Investment
- Investment Industry Overview
- Types of Analysis