- -JP Morgan losses ruling in the lawsuit. They are facing a 13 billion settlement.
- Mortgage loan rates fell last week. However, the demand for home loan is still muted.
Guest speaker Ivy Gluck:
Ivy works as an equity analyst at Brandywine Global Investment Management after her summer internship with the company. She graduated from Bryn Mawr College in 2014 as a math major and Philosophy minor. She was also part of portfolio management team in OIG
About Brandywine Global Investment Management:
“Brandywine Global Investment Management offers a broad array of fixed income, equity, alternatives, and asset allocation strategies that seek value across global markets.”
know more about the firm:
Key tips to Bryn Mawr Student:
- Asking smart questions. Constantly questioning things.
- Be a good team member.
- Good reading and writing skill
- Market update through Wall Street Journal
- Company research- being aware of anything new happens in these companies in their portfolio.
- Stock research: Value investing is to seek stocks with low popularity but worth investing.
- “Fear when everyone is excited and excited when everyone fear”
- PE multiple (price over earning) analysis.
- balance sheet analysis
- Is there a reason that this company is trading very low?
- What is this company do? What is the company’s competitive position? What is its biggest risk?
Tips for internship search:
- Network through career office, lantern link, Haverford network and Linked in