- Hewlett- Packard split into 2 different smaller companies. Lots of big tech companies are trying to split into small ones (eBay/ PayPal; EMC/ VMware). Main reason is to narrow down their focuses.
- Go pro Camera gifted 5.8 million toward charitable organization during lock up period.
- Chinese Insurer, Anbang Insurance Group, buys Waldorf Astoria for a Record $1.95B
AerCap Holdings N.V. (AER)
- Aviation company that engages in the leasing, financing, trading, sales and management of commercial aircraft and engines.
- December 16, 2013 announced the acquisition of ILFC from AIG.
Airline Leasing Industry
- Over a third of the world’s airline fleet is now rented and the proportion is likely to keep growing
- Many leasing companies also offer maintenance for the airlines at an additional cost.
- The combined company will be the largest global franchise in the aircraft leasing industry.
- Combined fleet of 1,329 aircraft and an order book for an additional 385.
- Will allow for cost savings and operating efficiencies.
- Lower tax expense.
- Future profits and synergies are expected to reduce its leverage meaningfully over the following four to five years.
- Lease rental revenue:
- Asia/Pacific/Russia 32%
- North America 18%
- Latin America 11%
- Africa/Middle East 4%
- Europe 35%
- Sold $2 billion worth of planes since December.
- Well ahead of its disposal target averaging $1 billion a year.
- Expected to meet a target of reaching a debt-to-equity ratio of around 3-to-1 by the end of next year.
- Secured operators for 90% of the planes due for delivery by the end of 2016.
- Interest Rates
- Emerging Markets
- Continued Demand from Airlines
- Asses the result of earnings report in November
- Hold through end of December