Market Update – by Camilla Dornquast:
- Central banks around the world have been dumping U.S. bonds at the fastest pace on record.
- The Fed decided not to raise interest rate.
- The lower-than-expected inflation rate in U.S caused the commodities market to not do well.
Stock Pitch – by Siran Tang:
- OIG sold ANIK in the health care sector because it has small market cap and did not do well even when ObamaCare was released.
- In replacement of ANIK, OIG decided to buy UNH, which has the second largest market cap among its peers. It is a more stable stock.
- The risk of UNH is that since it has business across states, different state laws for health care can impact its performance.
Tips for Networking – Nancy Yannan Li:
- Be prepared before the event, such as bring a polished resume, do research etc.
- Dress properly for the event. Then, during the event be confident and show your interests by asking smart questions.
- Always follow up within 24 hours by emails and LinkedIn.